The word Platform shall mean and include the website “www.obillia.com ”.
What is a Cookie?
What Cookies do we use?
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are those required for our Platform's operation. They include, for example, Cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Platform, use a shopping cart or use e-billing services.
2. Analytical/Performance Cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our Platform when using it. This helps us improve how our Platform works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality Cookies: These recognise you when you return to our Platform. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
4. Targeting Cookies: These Cookies record your visit to our Platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Platform and its advertising more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
What kind of cookies and other technologies do we use?
Our Platform uses the following categories of cookies and technologies:
● Persistent cookies – These cookies are stored in your device's browser and used whenever you visit our Platform. These cookies help us remember your settings and preference(s) to make your next visit more convenient. For instance, these cookies will ensure you will not have to log in again. It will also remember the users' language preferences on their next visit.
● Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies archive of your browser until you leave our Platform. The information we receive using these cookies helps us to analyse web traffic patterns, enabling us to identify and troubleshoot problems and provide a better navigation experience.
● Advertising cookies - These cookies help us provide relevant ads to measure the performance of the advertisers’ campaign by analysing your interaction with the advertiser’s ads. For example, it helps us determine the number of times users have clicked on an advertiser’s ad and have visited the advertiser’s website.
● Web beacons - these are tiny graphic images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”). We use web beacons and cookies to identify our users and their behaviour.
● Device fingerprinting - this technique combines information that we collect from the device from which our users are accessing our Services. When you browse our website or use our mobile app, we obtain certain information from and in relation to your devices and their configuration, such as your IP address, the OLX country domain you are using, your device language settings, your device brand and type, your device operating system and version, browser type and version, and device-specific software information. Based on this user device information, we create a specific device fingerprint. The device-related information and fingerprint we obtain are not unique. We are instead a set of information indicating particular information about the device being used to access our Services at a particular moment. We cannot identify a user on the sole basis of the collected device information. This device-related information enables us to associate user accounts with a respective fraud score based on a partly automated process, using algorithms in combination with human review and moderation. If the fraud score indicates that a specific user account is likely fraudulent, we will ban the respective user and the account. The information we obtain in this process is used solely for the purposes of customer safety and security and fraud prevention and is subject to highly restrictive access rights for selected customer safety and security specialists at OLX. We do not share this information with third parties. This device fingerprinting technique is necessary to keep up with the constantly changing developments in online fraud and to ensure our Services are safe and secure for our users. If you think your account is wrongfully banned, please see our Privacy Statement.
How do I manage Cookies?
You can choose whether to accept our Cookies (except Strictly Necessary Cookies) by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links in our Cookie Preference Center, which can be found in our Site’s footer and Cookie banner. You also have the right to refuse or accept Cookies at any time by activating the settings on your browser. You may wish to refer to https://https://www.obillia.com/ / for information on commonly used browsers.
Note that blocking some types of Cookies may impact your experience on our Site and the services we can offer you.
What can you do to delete, disable or block cookies?
Your browser usually provides information on refusing, deleting, or blocking cookies. The following links will take you to that information on some of the commonly used browsers:
In addition, you can change your mobile device settings to control whether you see interest-based advertisements.
If you choose to block the cookies we set on our Platform, you may not be able to access all or part of our services; for example, you may not be able to save customised settings such as login information.